Our Baltimore White-Collar Criminal Defense Practice
In a climate marked by expanding government regulation and enforcement, corporations and individuals are increasingly confronted with ever more serious criminal investigations. With decades of experience representing clients in nonviolent investigations, the Baltimore white collar criminal defense lawyers of Nathans & Biddle have the technical experience and seasoned judgment that are critical to successfully guiding clients through the intricacies of federal and state investigations, grand jury proceedings, trials, and appeals.
Skilled Representation in Maryland & Across the Nation
Nathans & Biddle provides strategic advice to executives, professionals, and public officials accused of nonviolent crimes. Our firm works closely with forensic accountants, private investigators and other experts in challenging the allegations against our clients and building a comprehensive criminal defense strategy. Our competitive drive and rigorous legal and factual analysis often lead to early favorable quiet resolutions for our clients' criminal and regulatory problems.
In recent years, the lawyers of Nathans & Biddle have successfully defended numerous corporate witnesses and targets accused of nonviolent violations in Akron, Alexandria, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Greenbelt, Harrisburg, Honolulu, Houston, Los Angeles, Manhattan, Miami, Philadelphia, Salem, San Francisco, San Juan, Tampa and Washington, D.C., and in many Maryland State Courts.
A Premier Firm With a Reputation for Excellence
Nathans & Biddle has been repeatedly recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top white-collar criminal defense firms in Maryland. Attorney Larry Nathans has been consistently selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America in the area of white-collar litigation. In addition, Larry Nathans and Robert Biddle have been selected for inclusion in Maryland Super Lawyers in white-collar criminal defense for many years.
For more information regarding our practice or to schedule an appointment, contact Nathans & Biddle at (410) 783-0272.
Nathans & Biddle LLP represents clients accused of the following types of nonviolent crimes:
- Accounting fraud: If you are involved in an accounting or tax fraud case, it is important that you work with an attorney who has experience handling these types of complicated cases. Our firm has built a network of forensic accountants who can confidentially and diligently investigate the circumstances that led to your situation.
- Antitrust violations: Conviction for a state or federal antitrust violation can lead to significant fines and jail time. Our attorneys have in-depth knowledge of antitrust laws, and we will work strategically to help you avoid penalties and criminal conviction. For example, in federal cases, we may be able to obtain leniency through the Department of Justice Division's Leniency Program.
- Embezzlement: If you are under investigation for embezzlement by your employer or a law enforcement agency, it is essential that you work with an attorney as soon as possible. The earlier you hire an attorney, the better your chances will be of avoiding criminal charges or receiving a better outcome if charges are filed.
- Environmental pollution: Whether you are an individual or a business, our attorneys can defend you from accusations of environmental pollution, including clean air and water act violations. We have a record of success representing clients in this area, and we can help develop a defense strategy that protects your bottom line and minimizes risk.
- Health care fraud: The attorneys at our firm have lectured and published nationally on health care fraud defense. They have also edited and contributed to a published compliance manual on this area of the law. We have extensive experience defending medical professionals, facilities, manufacturers and others in the medical field.
- Money laundering: Law enforcement uses sophisticated investigative techniques to discover and prosecute cases of money laundering and structuring to avoid currency reporting requirements. Our attorneys take an equally sophisticated approach to uncover flaws in the prosecution's case and help our white collar clients avoid criminal penalties in these cases.
- Mortgage fraud: Prosecution in this area has been on the rise since the collapse of the sub-prime mortgage market. Our attorneys have significant experience defending clients accused of all types of mortgage fraud, from fraudulent loan applications to the use of a straw buyer.
- Securities fraud: How you respond to inquiries during a SEC, company or federal investigation can have a significant impact on your case. At every stage of your securities fraud case, our attorneys will work to protect your rights and act as your advocates. We will work diligently to help you avoid penalties and protect your professional reputation.